May We Present...
LAUNCHED IN JANUARY 2011, MATCHBOOK IS AN ONLINE LIFESTYLE PUBLICATION CELEBRATING CLASSICS - SHAKEN AND STIRRED. Our monthly issues cover past and present fashion, decor, the arts, travel and culture. Brimming with intriguing interviews, stately homes, captivating memoirs and swoon-worthy fashion spreads, matchbook seeks to inspire women around the globe to design a life they adore. From lipstick to letterpress, gelato to grosgrain, and Paris to Peru, consider us your field guide to a charmed life.
The Matchbook Girl
views the world through rose colored glasses • loves to throw dinner parties, but has been known to burn the roast
• values eccentricity over convention • is the first to laugh at her own bad jokes
• knows the cha-cha, the charleston, and the tango • paints her nails bright coral when she's feeling blue
• is infinitely curious • could happily live off of red velvet cake
• pens hand written notes to her grandmother • has a signature shade of lipstick
• secretly thinks she may be babe paley reincarnated • received an ipad for her birthday, but will never give up her library card
• has a bucket list a mile long and dreams a dime a dozen • is smart, but never a show-off
• listens to the day's forecast, but trusts her own intuition • never says no to a sunday matinee at the theater
• is quick to blush, but never short of a witty reply • has a skip in her step and a twinkle in her eye
• always shares her last piece of gum
KATIE ARMOUR [CO-FOUNDER + EDITORIAL DIRECTOR] was raised in the california sunshine, dons a daring pixie cut, wishes she could swim in the colorful canvases of matisse, grew up between two brothers but relished her years at an all-girls boarding school, worships diana vreeland, fashions her stacks of design books to serve as side tables, swears by cigarette pants and ballet flats, reupholsters her grandmother's heirlooms with leopard print sheets, will never tire of paris, spoils her pug to no end and is intent upon adopting four more.
JANE LILLY wARREN [CO-FOUNDER + CREATIvE DIRECTOR] was born in the year of the tiger, gets lost in used book stores, traces her ancestry to cromwell's soldiers and french huguenots, will watch anything with six degrees of separation to wes anderson, has traveled the world from siberia to south africa to seoul yet has never fallen out of love with her native manhattan, married her college sweetheart, loves the sounds of the city in the rain, excessively dog-ears her pantone swatch books, and she would rather wear her asprey boots in london than sandy feet in cancun any day.