In honor of the American style icon, a few of our favorite quips from the one and only Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis (1929-1994)...
1. "When Harvard men say they have graduated from Radcliffe, then we've made it."
2. "The only routine with me is no routine at all."
3. "A newspaper reported I spend $30,000 a year buying Paris clothes and that women hate me for it. I couldn’t spend that much unless I wore sable underwear."
4. "A camel makes an elephant feel like a jet plane." -On a 1962 trip to India
5. "I always wanted to be some kind of writer or newspaper reporter. But after college... I did other things."
6. "There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all."
7. "If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much."
8. "Whenever I was upset by something in the papers, Jack always told me to be more tolerant, like a horse flicking away flies in the summer."
9. "The one thing I do not want to be called is First Lady. It sounds like a saddle horse."
10. "I want to live my life, not record it."
Do you have a favorite Jackie quote that we've forgotten? Be sure to share it in the comments!