She may just be the wittiest woman in modern America. Whether she's dishing on literature or fine dining, writer Fran Lebowitz always has us in stitches. A roundup of our favorite quips from the proud New Yorker...
1. "Great people talk about ideas, average people talk about things, and small people talk about wine."
2. "You're only as good as your last haircut."
3. "In real life, I assure you, there is no such thing as algebra."
4. "Having been unpopular in high school is not just cause for book publications."
5. "I believe in cashmere."
6. "When you leave New York, you are astonished at how clean the rest of the world is. Clean is not enough."
7. "I prefer dead writers because you don't run into them at parties."
8. "To me the outdoors is what you must pass through in order to get from your apartment into a taxicab."
9. "I believe in talking behind peoples' backs. That way, they hear it more than once."
10. "Think before you speak. Read before you think."
Did we forget your favorite Fran Lebowitz quote? Leave it in the comments below!
(photo via Fanscoop)