Actress and humanitarian Audrey Hepburn was in countless ways the quintessential Matchbook girl. In honor of her grace, kindness, and timeless style, we share a handful of our very favorite Audrey Hepburn quotations...
1. "If I’m honest I have to tell you I still read fairy tales and I like them best of all."
2. "Why change? Everyone has his own style. When you have found it, you should stick to it."
3. "I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it."
4. "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other."
5. "Let's face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me."
6. "I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls."
7. "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!"
8. "I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person."
9. "I have to be alone very often. I'd be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That's how I refuel."
10. "Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm."
11. "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
12. "I never thought I'd land in pictures with a face like mine."
Did we forget one of your favorite Audrey quotes? Share it in the comments below!
(photo via Fanpop)