In honor of our favorite chef, a roundup of Julia Child's most charming quotations...
1. "I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate."
2. "I enjoy cooking with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food..."
3. "Find something you’re passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it."
4. "People who love to eat are always the best people."
5. "There are only four great arts: music, painting, sculpture, and ornamental pastry."
6. "The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude."
7. "Just speak very loudly and quickly, and state your position with utter conviction, as the French do, and you'll have a marvelous time!"
8. "A party without cake is really just a meeting."
9. "Tears mess up your makeup."
10. "With enough butter, anything is good."
11. "The measure of achievement is not winning awards. It’s doing something that you appreciate, something you believe is worthwhile."
12. "Everything in moderation…including moderation."
13. "The main thing is to have a gutsy approach and use your head."
14. "Every woman should have a blowtorch."
15. "Life itself is the proper binge."
16. "The only time to eat diet food is while you’re waiting for the steak to cook."
17. "As you get older, you shouldn't waste time drinking bad wine."
18. "Cooking well doesn’t mean cooking fancy."
19. "It is hard to imagine a civilization without onions."
20. "Always remember: If you're alone in the kitchen and you drop the lamb, you can always just pick it up. Who's going to know?"
Did we miss one of your favorite Julia Child quotes? Share it in the comments below!
(photo via Brooklyn Based)