Matchbook Magazine participates in affiliate programs which allow companies to sell product through links provided on MatchbookMag.com. Matchbook Magazine receives a commission from sales deriving from these affiliate links. Here at Matchbook we only place product we truly love and is in keeping with our company’s branding. The affiliate campaign does not affect our editorial coverage.
You are responsible for all use of the Site and the Services. You may use the Site and the Services for lawful, non-commercial purposes only. You may not use the Site or the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair our servers or networks, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Site or the Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any of the Services, user accounts, or computer systems or networks, through hacking, password mining or any other means. Without limiting anything else contained herein, you agree that you shall not (and you agree not to allow any third party to):
• copy, modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Site, its content or materials and/or the Services;
• remove notices of any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights contained in or on the Site and/or the Services or in any content or other material obtained via the Site and/or the Services;
• use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve or index any portion of the Site and/or the Services;
• reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Site and/or the Services;
• create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses; or
• collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited activities described in this paragraph.
Notwithstanding any other provisions contained herein, any comments, suggestions, or feedback relating to the Site or the Services (collectively “Feedback”) submitted to Matchbook shall become the property of Matchbook or its designee. Matchbook will not be required to treat any Feedback as confidential, and will not be liable for any ideas (including without limitation, product, Site or advertising ideas) and will not incur any liability as a result of any similarities that may appear in our future Site, Services, or operations. Without limitation, Matchbook will have exclusive ownership of all present and future existing rights to the Feedback of every kind and nature everywhere and will be entitled to use the Feedback for any commercial or other purpose whatsoever, without compensation to you or any other person sending the Feedback. You acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever material you submit, and you, not Matchbook, have full responsibility for the message, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright.
Matchbook has adopted the following general policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act or DMCA (posted at http://www.lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/legislation/dmca.pdf). The address of Matchbook’s Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement ("Designated Agent") is provided at the end of this section.
It is Matchbook’s policy to (a) block access to or remove material that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our advertisers, affiliates, content providers, members or users; and (b) remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders.
If you believe that material or content residing on or accessible through the Site or the Services infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below ("Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification"):
• A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
• Identification of works or materials being infringed;
• Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that Matchbook is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
• Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number and, if available, email address;
• A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
• A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is received by the Designated Agent, it is Matchbook’s policy:
• To remove or disable access to the infringing material;
• To notify the content provider, member or user that it has removed or disabled access to the material; and
• That for a repeat offender (as determined at Matchbook’s sole discretion), Matchbook will also terminate such content provider’s, member’s or user’s access to the Site and Services.
If the content provider, member or user believes that either the material that was removed or to which access was disabled is either not infringing, or that it has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, the content provider, member or user must send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
• A physical or electronic signature of the content provider, member or user;
• Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access to has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
• A statement that the content provider, member or user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material; and
• The content provider’s, member’s or user’s name, address, telephone number, and, if available, email address and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the content provider’s, member’s or user’s address is located, or if the content provider’s, member’s or user’s address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which Matchbook is located, and that such person or entity will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, Matchbook may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Matchbook’s discretion.
Please contact Matchbook’s Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement by contacting [Katie Armour] or [Jane Lily Warren] at the following email address: [email protected].
Except for content posted or submitted by you or any other visitors to the Site, all of the content available on or through the Services and/or the Site, including without limitation, text, photographs, graphics and video and audio content, is owned by us and our licensors and is protected, as applicable, by copyright, trademark, patent, and trade secret laws, other proprietary rights, and international treaties. You acknowledge that the Services and any underlying technology or software used in connection with the Services contain Matchbook’s proprietary information. We give you permission to use the aforementioned content for personal, non-commercial purposes only and do not transfer any intellectual property rights to you by virtue of permitting your use of the Services. You may print, download, and store information from the Site for your own convenience, but you may not copy, distribute, republish (except as permitted in this paragraph), sell, or exploit any of the content, or exploit the Site in whole or in part, for any commercial gain or purpose whatsoever except as expressly provided herein. Except as is expressly provided herein, Matchbook and its suppliers do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in the Site and the Services not expressly granted by Matchbook to you are retained by Matchbook.
WE PROVIDE THE SITE AND THE SERVICES “AS IS”, “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” WE MAKE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES ABOUT THE SERVICES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ALL STATUTORY WARRANTIES, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES AND THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE SERVICES ARE MERCHANTABLE, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, ACCURATE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NEED, OR NON-INFRINGING. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE EFFECTIVE, RELIABLE OR ACCURATE OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES (EITHER DIRECTLY OR THROUGH THIRD-PARTY NETWORKS) AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS OR COMPLETENESS OF INFORMATION PROVIDED BY USERS OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER DATA OR INFORMATION PROVIDED OR RECEIVED THROUGH THE SITE. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, MATCHBOOK MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE INFORMATION SYSTEMS, SOFTWARE AND FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE BY OR THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION. MATCHBOOK DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICES WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, THAT LOSS OF DATA WILL NOT OCCUR, OR THAT THE SERVICES, SOFTWARE OR SITE ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES, CONTAMINANTS OR OTHER HARMFUL ITEMS.
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH US IS THE CANCELLATION OF YOUR REGISTRATION. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE SITE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, EXCEED THE GREATER OF: (A) THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES, IF ANY, THAT YOU PAID TO UTILIZE THE SITE OR THE SERVICES OR (B) $100. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU (OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING UNDER OR THROUGH YOU) FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES. THESE EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO ANY CLAIMS FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, EVEN IF WE KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, OUR LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH SAYS "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
The relationship between you and Matchbook is one of independent contractors. Neither party will represent that it has any authority to assume or create any obligation, express or implied, on behalf of the other party, or to represent the other party as agent, employee, or in any other capacity, except as specifically provided herein.